Kindergarten registration was held April 4 and 5, 2023.
If you were unable to join us, please contact your school to get information about upcoming enrollment plans!
Kindergarten students must be 5 yrs old by Aug 1.
What to bring to enrollment:
Q and A
1. What if my child is not five years old by Aug. 1, 2023? Students turning 5 between Aug. 2 and Oct. 1, 2023 may request an Early Enrollment Waiver. Students turning five after Oct. 1, 2023 are not eligible for kindergarten this year. Waiver forms will be available at registration or they can be mailed if you call the SCSD2 Central Office at 812-752-8946. It is recommended that parents seeking a waiver also enroll in PreK as a back-up plan. If a child is selected for early enrollment consideration, assessments will be conducted in June.
2. What if I cannot attend Kindergarten enrollment? Contact your building administrator after April 5 to get registration details.
3. Why do we need proof of residence? The Indiana Department of Education requires schools to keep documentation of legal residence. The documentation you supply will be scanned into Harmony. You will not need to verify your residence again unless you move.
4. What schools can my child attend? Children may be registered for full-day kindergarten at any of our four elementary schools. Those not living within the selected school attendance boundary will be granted temporary enrollment status upon completion of an SCSD2 elementary transfer request. Request forms will be available at registration. Requests will be considered and parents will be notified of transfer status by June 5, 2023. This process is also in place for students currently living outside of the SCSD2 attendance boundary.
5. What are the kindergarten enrollment costs? The SCSD2 School Board will be adopting 2023-2024 registration fees later this spring. Fees are not assessed until fall registration. Assistance programs are in place and can be accessed at fall registration.
Student Drop Off and Pick Up Info